This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices for personal information about our customers that obtain products or services from us. This statement also applies to information about our former customers.
What Information We Collect.
We collect information about you, your firm or company, and your practices (collectively, “you”). We may collect it from more than one source. We do so to provide you with the coverage, product, or service you request. We also may collect it for other purposes, such as to process claims, investigate potential fraud, or to service your account. We collect information you give us on applications or other forms, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information. We also collect information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as policy coverage, premiums, and payment history. We also may collect information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or insurance support organization (“ISO”) or other third party, such as claims history or investigative reports.
Use and Disclosure of Information.
We may disclose any information we collect about you as permitted by law and without your prior authorization. Such disclosures include, by way of example only, the following:
- Disclosures to those who perform normal business, professional, or insurance, functions for us;
- Disclosures to another insurance company, agent, self-insurer, or ISO, to detect or prevent criminal activity or fraud in connection with an insurance transaction, or to perform an insurance transaction involving you;
- Disclosures to medical professionals or institutions for insurance coverage or benefit verification;
- Disclosures to law enforcement agencies or other government entities;
- Disclosures to an insurance regulatory body or authority;
- Disclosures to a potential buyer or in contemplation of a sale, transfer, merger, or consolidation of all or part of our company;
- Disclosures to entities and/or persons that perform marketing services on our behalf, as permitted by law;
- Disclosures to conduct an audit of our operations;
- Disclosures to affiliates, to the extent permitted by law;
- Disclosures to other non-affiliated third parties, as permitted or required by law, court order, or other legal process;
- Disclosures to a lien holder, lessor, or other person identified in our records as having a legal or beneficial interest in a policy;
- Disclosures to an insured when the information disclosed is from certain investigative or supplemental reports.
We also may disclose information with your written consent.
Sharing Information with Affiliates.
To the extent permitted by law, we may share any of the information we collect with our affiliates. We have several types of affiliates which include, without limitation, financial service firms, insurance companies, investment firms, underwriters and brokers/dealers. Some are other types of service providers, such as management companies and billing firms. We are allowed by law to share with our affiliates our transaction and experience information with you without your authorization. We may also share information about you with our affiliates for marketing purposes, without your authorization, to the extent permitted by law. We also may share consumer report information that we have received from you and from third parties, such as consumer reporting agencies and insurance support organizations, with our affiliates. This may include certain application information you provide, as well as information we collect from consumer reports or other third-party information. You may opt out of this type of sharing, as more fully set forth below.
If you do not wish for us to share consumer report information with our affiliates, except as otherwise permitted by law, you may opt out by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org It is only necessary to notify us once of your intention to opt out. We will implement your request within a reasonable time after we receive your opt-out request. If it is your decision not to opt-out and to allow sharing of your information with our affiliates, you do not need to request an opt-out or respond to us in any way.
Children’s Privacy Protection.
We take special care to protect the privacy needs of children and encourage parents to be an active participant in their child’s online activities. Our website does not target and is not intended for children under the age of 16, and we will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from them. If we discover personal data from a child through our website, we will eliminate that data.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We take reasonable measures to ensure that any personal information we collect on our website is accurate, current, complete, and reliable for its intended use. If you wish to update or otherwise correct personal information you have provided to us, you may edit your information online, or contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below, and we will assist you.
Changes To This Privacy Notice.
Any updates or changes to the terms of this Privacy Statement will be posted here on our website. Please check back frequently, especially before you submit any information to our website, to see if this Privacy Statement has changed. By using our website, you acknowledge acceptance of this Privacy Statement in effect at the time of use.
This Privacy Statement is effective with respect to all data that we have collected since the date we started collecting data, which was November 1, 2009
If you have any concerns about our use of your information or about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending us an email to: email@example.com We will make every reasonable effort to address your concerns and remedy any problems you bring to our attention.